Stripes?

Wednesday, July 11, 2012





I have been in LOVE with this couch since the moment I saw it on Pinterest a few months ago. Today I decided to see if I could buy it. I searched and searched for it online only to find out that it was featured in a Country Home magazine article years ago so there is no way I could get the couch now (or slipcover... whichever it is). I was feeling very defeated, because this couch has so much personality and just inspires me. I would love to have it in my home. Plus it just happens to go with my current decor. It really is calling out to me.

Then I started thinking... I could just make my own, right? How hard could it be to make a slipcover? Then began the fabric search. This was just as hard as the original couch search, but I think I finally found what I need.

So what do you think? Should I do it? The fabric is perfect and I found an awesome tutorial here thanks to Remodelaholic.

OR.... I could paint it! No lie! People do it all the time. Just use fabric paint. There is a tutorial for that here by It's Great To Be Home.

The only problem is that I am such a chicken! I love it, but will anyone else? And will my room look as good as the room in the picture or will this just look like I am trying way too hard? And so goes the rest of my day.... actually I'll probably do this to myself for a month.

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry about what others think DIVE IN!!!! Have you SEEEEEEN my red countertops!!!!

    Oh... AND..... a slip cover is a totally achievable thing.... BUT.... unless you sew... and know how to maneuver well.. you may drive yourself batty........ painting the couch?? Sounds like crazy FUN!!!

    DO IT!!!! What ever method DO IT!!!! Then share on Pinterest or something so we can all cheer ya on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! You are one of the most crafty people I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paint is easier but quite stiff to sit on. I've noticed that slip covers are hard work to make. I figure that it will take time but I say go for it. You never know until you try! Plus, it may not be the same but it would be so worth it to say that you made it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs