DIY Twine Wrapped Block Letter

Tuesday, May 15, 2012


Hello! Today I'm going to share how to spiff up a monogram letter with Baker's Twine! Now, this was totally an experiment for me... I am not a pro at this by any means! This project turned out to be fun, challenging, and a learning experience all wrapped into one. Anyway, let's get started!


The materials you need for this project are a monogram letter and Baker's Twine. I just used an old faux leather letter that was leftover from a bridal shower someone did for me for my monogram. The baker's twine is available for purchase in my Etsy shop, Bahana Splits Boutique .


I started by wrapping the Baker's Twine around the letter in a vertical pattern. This is so that the top and bottom of the letter will be covered in twine. Once this was done, I proceeded to wrap the twine horizontally around the remainder of the monogram.


Once this was done, I proceeded to wrap the twine horizontally around the remainder of the monogram. Lastly, I wrapped the middle of the "H" vertically. This helped distinguish the middle of the letter.




And ta-da! Here 'tis in my entertainment center next to a picture frame I still need to print a picture for! Looking back, I wish I would have used like a Kraft colored monogram letter or even spray-painted the letter white before starting... that way the black wouldn't show through as easily. But all in all I like it! It is cute and crafty and I made it so that's cool! Here are a couple of other shots... one is from a far away view of the entertainment center and one is a shot of my mantle. I may just put it there if I so fancy!




Thanks for tuning in! Tata for now!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs